How a flesh eating bug butchered woman’s legs after a liposuction.
A mother-of-one who was just minutes away from death has revealed how she contracted a deadly flesh-eating bug after undergoing liposuction.
Jayney Nascimento, 48, from Shrewsbury, Shropshire, borrowed £20,000 from her mother for the operation in June 2017 in the hope of having skinnier legs.
But after the procedure in a private UK institution, Jayney caught necrotising fasciitis and was left fighting for her life in a medically-induced coma and almost had her legs amputated.
Jayney, an administrator, says: ‘I paid for an expensive cosmetic procedure so I would feel comfortable showing my legs off. Instead, I nearly lost them and I hate them more now than I did before the operation.